Sunday, August 5, 2012

DIY Branch Jewelry Hanger

As my jewelry collection continues to grow I am always looking for new ways to store my it. I'm a very visual person so I like to have it all laid out and 90% of the time that means tangled in a pile on my dresser. So the other day when I was in a rush out the door, desperately trying to untangle a necklace I realized I couldn't continue to keep my jewelry this way. I needed a way to get organized and fast. So off to the internet I went! I found tons of cute storage pieces and while I didn't necessarily have a specific thing I wanted in mind, I just knew I wanted something to hang on my wall. And as I continued to look I realized that most of the stuff I was looking at I could just make. So I decided to save my money and get to work making something myself to hold my jewelry.

What You'll Need:
Embroidery Thread
Scissors (helpful for pulling apart the jump rings)
Chain
Two Jump Rings
A Branch
Two Thumb Tacks


Step 1.
Loop the chain around the branch and close it together with the jump ring. Repeat on the other side. 


Step 2. 
Begin to decorate your branch with the thread using as much or as little as you like. 


I chose to do less as you can see below. 


Step 3. 
Admire your work, tack to your wall and then hang your necklaces and bracelets on it. 



Don't forget to comment with questions, suggestions or compliments!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I really like your blog and so nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. :)

    Here's the link - http://paigeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/belly-buttons-angels-and-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so, so much!! You are too kind and plus your blog is amazing. Thank you again so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete