Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DIY Decorated Box

While perusing Michaels, looking for inspiration for projects I came across these cute little one dollar wood boxes. I guess I should have started this post by saying I have a lot of little things, from earrings to buttons to unidentifiable little objects broken off from various things. And having so many little things makes it hard for me to keep organized therefore boxes tend to me my best friend. So I bought up a bunch of these little boxes took them home and began to decorate.

What You'll Need -
1. Wood Box
2. Primer
3. Paint
4. Printed Internet Images
5. Glue

Step 1 & 2-

Prime your box, wait for it to dry and then paint you box your desired color, may take a few coats (mine certainly did).





Step 3 -

Print out your image, cut them out, and then plan your arrangment on the lid before you glue.



Step 4 - 

Next you can either seal it by using glue over the top OR you can do what I did was coat it in metalic fabric paint. 


Step 5 -



Your done! And here is another box I painted just for kicks. Comment with any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment